Wednesday 2 September 2009

Can't take the KL out of the Girl

I know it seems strange that I am blogging about Kuala Lumpur in my travel blog. I was born and raised in a suburb at the edge of KL. Bear with me though. I travel back to KL every year and yet, every time I go back, something is new yet some things remain the same.
It is a very fascinating city to me. It is a world away from Copenhagen. At the time when I decided to move to Copenhagen, I was tired of my life. I felt so small in that big chaotic hustle bustle city. Copenhagen provided fresh air, a lot of space and privacy, peace and quiet. I never would have thought at that time that 6 years later, I would miss KL.



Made with Slideshow Embed Tool

I miss being able to have food any time of the day. I miss driving around KL city. I miss the smell, noises and colours. Copenhagen suddenly seem so bland and sterile. Sometimes when I am walking in Copenhagen, I wish someone would talk to me. Ask me something. I don't need all this privacy anymore. Copenhagen can be such a lonely place.


So you can imagine how much I enjoy travelling back in KL, rekindling my love for it every trip. I know I am biased. Afterall, who in their right mind would enjoy more haze, more shopping malls and more traffic. But I do! I have to remind myself that living there may be different though.

No comments:

Post a Comment