Sunday 11 October 2009

A Good Sunday

It's been a week since I landed in Malaysia. Unlike last Sunday, my body was not consumed by lack of sleep. I decided to join my family for the hike up Broga Hill. I have seen many beautiful pictures and saw friends' comments on how nice it is.
We left KL at 6am and arrived at Broga about 45 minutes later. There were already so many cars. There is simply no way to escape a crowd. That is KL. Whenever there is a place which becomes popular, half the city's population gathers there..until it is no longer fashionable.

The climb is quite easy and should take about 30 minutes to the top. Nothing tough compared to Preikestolen, for example. >Broga encourages climbers by having 3 peaks. The first is a little flat at the top. Climbers arriving here can cast their sight on the others heading further up in a green hill above. Not that it makes one want to burst into "The hills are alive....." especially given the 30 degree celcius climate. There is a Malaysian flag at the top. I think it was weird. This was not the moon.


At the top, Broga offers a nice view and some breeze. I won't get into much detail here since you get a whole lot of information if you google >Broga Hill. Overall, it is a spot frequented only by locals since you can only reach it by car.

At the "entrance" to the foot of the hill, you have to pass rows of oil palm trees and some rubber trees as well. There are a few vendors selling fruits and fresh coconuts.





Overall, I had a good time. I shall try to arrive earlier next week to watch the sunrise. Hopefully, there'll be less crowd. :-)











After Broga Hill, we headed to the old market near Jalan Imbi. We had breakfast here, ordering various dishes from the different stalls to have a bit of everything. For five people, the grand sum of a breakfast? RM20 (DKK30).

The Sunday progressed to some authentic Thai Massage. I swear I heard my bone break. Let's just say it was not the kind of massage one can sleep through soundly. After all the awkward positions the masseure tried to put me into, a sudden hope built inside me. I could perhaps be good for the Kamasutra.

What could make this Sunday even more beautiful? Durians! Free durians from the neighbour. Hmmm...





No comments:

Post a Comment